PHILIP MORRIS NDD, ATD,
THE SOCIETY OF DESIGNER-CRAFTSMEN
INVITES YOU TO HIS STUDIO/WORKSHOP
Embossing the Zodiac Bowl in the 1950's
Somewhat aged, but still creating !
(If no picture appear please use Internet Explorer instead of Google)I also do PAINTINGS
(note, for your information:- National Diploma in Design = NDD, Art Teachers Diploma = ATD
You are welcome to come and view my studio-workshop by prior arrangement only.
was educated at
before taking up
teaching. I was for
many years head of the department of Technical Studies at
I believe that full-time C.D.T. teachers should find time to pursue their own crafts to professional standards.
While teaching I, therefore, accepted commissions, mainly for domestic silverware.
I also supplied makers of harpsichords with custom-built hinges and other fittings in brass,
nickel and bronze. Besides working in precious and base metals I have executed commissions in both stone and wood.
teaching, I now work in my cellar studio-workshop or the garden in
I no longer do any silversmithing, though I still have one or two pieces for sale.
Mostly I carve pieces of local English hardwoods into both abstract and realistic forms.
My workshop is not very productive as I may take up to two years to complete any one item.
me now show
examples of my work:-
Here I am carving in my garden
(1.) (2,) (2,) (2,) (2a)
* Given by owner to
Meeting House, 37,
(3 and 3a) Set of pierced brass hinges for a Steve Morris spinet. N.F.S. (4) Chased copper peacock sun dial N.F.S.
(5b) Detail of repoussé centre depicting eritrichium nanum in flower (6) Sterling silver Pomander Ht.15.5cm. FOR SALE £400
(7.) Sterling silver rose vases SOLD (8.) Pair sterling silver sweet dishes SOLD
(9) Sterling coffee pot N.F.S. (10.) Rhodium plated gilding metal and brass tea pot with pearwood handle. N.F.S.
(11) Lion and Serpent repouse Brooch N.F.S. (12) Historic Coronation Hallmark ^ (13) Embossed back Ht. 6.5cm
( Presently in Lusaka, Zambia with new owner.)
(14) (15) (16)
(14.) Britannia standard silver sugar basin. SOLD (15) Rhodium plated Christening Cup SOLD (16.) Sterling silver, repouse rosewater bowl
(17) Sterling silver rose bowl SOLD (18) Silver interpretation of the original glass zodiac bowl by Stueben Glass Co.
(19a, 19b) (20)
(19a)"Street Acrobats" pear wood Height
in cherry wood.
"The Last Drop" in pear wood £
(23) (23a) (23)
(23a)Two stages in the making (23.) "Glassblower" Carved Acer wood. Height 43cms. FOR
(24) (25) (26)
(24) Holly log in Ebrington
log prior to carving "The Seal Rescuers"
(26) "The Seal
Rescuers", Holly with
(27) (28) (29)
(27) front view of "Introspective Peak Experience" or "Seeking the Inward Light", Cherrywood, Height 48 cms.
side view. FOR
(30) "Interlocked Loops". Apple Wood, height 11cms. length 25 cms. SOLD. (31) "Wool symbol" Mountain Ash, height 15cms.SOLD
(32) Starting work on a new cherry log.
completion in the workshop.
Icelandic Volcanic Ash Cloud
(35) Three views of "Green Fingers" after some 110 hours carving a pearwood log.
The concept is of a gardener's hands growing out of plant life and returning to plant life.
(36) Three views of "Green Fingers" completed after 186 hours carving and mounted on an oak base.
Presidential Badge of Office for Cheltenham Scottish Society
Sterling silver with a blue enamelled shield surmounted by a gold lion.
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE
Click a link below to return to
The Society of Designer-Craftsmen
Stratford-upon-Avon Art Society